June update (2010)


This project has been stalled for a while, because:
Once I had got as far as running the Fedora ARM port in Qemu, I realised how rusty my coding skill were.

I also realised that although I enjoyed playing around with hardware, it is unlikely that I have the required ability now that Dual in Line (DIL) packages have disappeared and been replaced with surface mount devices that I can barely see let alone solder.

As a result of the above realisation, I will probably start playing with the Android OS for PC, and maybe buy a pre-built development board later.
Another option might be to buy and Android based phone and use that instead of a development board, as is demonstrated in this IBM guide:-
here

Download and install instructions for Android
here

Read is Android the ‘top’ Linux 
here

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s